Post-doc Position: Isotope Ecology and Biochemistry, UC Merced

The University of California, Merced Office of Research seeks applications for two postdoctoral scholar research positions in stable isotope ecology and biochemistry in the lab of Dr. Marilyn Fogel. The successful candidates will participate in experimental research, fieldwork, and independent research in addition of contributing to the operation and maintenance of the isotope ratio mass spectrometer facility on campus. Successful applicants will join an interdisciplinary group spanning interests including terrestrial ecology, paleoecology, geobiology, marine biogeochemistry, animal physiology and quantitative system biology. Approximately 60% of the applicant’s time will be spent on original research each year, the remaining 40% spent on interacting with students, other researchers, for the purpose of running and maintaining the stable isotope laboratory.
Requirements: Recent Ph.D. in Biogeochemistry, Stable Isotope Ecology, Geochemistry or a related field of science. Experience performing experimental laboratory research involving stable isotope ratio mass spectrometry. Experience with analytical methods including compound specific isotope analysis. Experience with fieldwork and/or spectroscopic methods of isotope analysis. Ability to work with guidance from principal investigator and collaborators, as well as to conduct experiments independently, maintain appropriate records, and manage data.Excellent written communication skills; good organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team environment and interact with a broad range of colleagues.

To Apply: Interested applicants are required to submit 1) a cover letter 2) curriculum vitae 3) statement of research and 4) a list of five references with contact information including mailing address, phone number and e-mail address. Applications can be submitted here.

Deadline: Review of applicants begins September 1, 2013. Position is open until filled.

For more information, contact Dr. Marilyn Fogel mfogel@ucmerced.edu

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Job Announcement and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Post-doc Position: Isotope Ecology and Biochemistry, UC Merced

  1. Pingback: Post-doc Position: Isotope Ecology and Biochemistry, UC Merced … | Biochemistry Blog: Biochemistry Online Help

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s