The Central Hardwood Forest Conference is a series of biennial meetings dedicated to the sustainability and improvement of the Central Hardwood forest ecosystems. The objective of the conference is to bring together forest managers and scientists to discuss research and issues concerning the ecology and management of forests in the Central Hardwood region.
We are pleased to announce that the 19th Central Hardwood Forest Conference will be hosted by Southern Illinois University, Department of Forestry and the USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station. The meeting will be held March 10-12, 2014 in Carbondale, IL. The conference location is the SIU Student Center located on the SIU Carbondale Campus. A number of hotels, restaurants, and other amenities are located near the facility.
The abstract submission deadline for an oral presentation has been extended to October 1, 2013. Abstracts can be submitted to: email@example.com
Authors giving an oral presentation will have the option to submit an extended abstract or full manuscript that will be published as US Forest Service GTR.
The steering committee is especially interested in featuring sessions on cross cutting management theme areas such as the following:
- Forest wildlife habitat
- Forest restoration in big river systems
- Fire and natural areas
- Invasive species
- Reclamation to forest cover
Presentation and Publication Submission Deadlines
- 250 word submission abstract (October 1, 2013),
- Full manuscript submission for peer review (October 31, 2013)
- OR 750 word extended abstract for publication (January 31, 2014)
- 250 word submission abstract (November 29, 2013)
- 750 word extended abstract for publication (January 31, 2014)