Are you interested in Soil Ecology and Biogeochemistry?
The 5th Annual Summer Soil Institute is your opportunity to gain an integrated perspective with world-renowned faculty to address critical soil ecological questions using current analytical techniques, experimental approaches, and instructional models.
Topics covered during the Summer Soil Institute will be directed towards answering:
- What are the physical, chemical and biological components of soil?
- What do molecular techniques tell us about soil biodiversity?
- How does soil chemistry affect carbon and nutrient cycling?
- How are soil processes affected by global change?
The 5th Annual Summer Soil Institute (SSI 2014) is designed for graduate and advanced undergraduate students, post-docs, professionals, and faculty. SSI 2014 will be held on June 15-28, 2014, and is located at the confluence of the Rocky Mountains and the Great Plains, at Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
To Apply: For more information and to apply, please visit our website. After reviewing the website, if you are interested in attending SSI this year, and would like more information, please Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Applications due March 3, 2014.
The SSI Faculty Instructors:
- Noah Fierer (Soil Microbial Ecology and Molecular Techniques)
- M. Francesca Cotrufo (Soil Organic Matter and Stable Isotope Applications)
- Eugene Kelly (Pedology and Geochemistry)
- Markus Kleber (Mineral-microbial interactions and organic matter turnover dynamics)
- John Moore (Soil Ecology, Food Web Modeling)
- Mary Stromberger (Soil Microbiology)
- Diana Wall (Biodiversity, Sustainability, Soil Fauna)
- Matthew Wallenstein (Soil Microbial Ecology and Molecular Techniques)
We hope that you can join us this year for the 5th Annual Summer Soil Institute at Colorado State University!