The British Ecological Society is looking for active ecological researchers to join the Editorial Boards of Functional Ecology, Journal of Animal Ecology, Journal of Applied Ecology, Journal of Ecology and Methods in Ecology and Evolution. The full details are here
Apply by September 1, 2017.
- An active researcher with a PhD in a field relevant to the journal scope
- Strong publication record for current career stage
- Experience of refereeing
- Expertise in relevant subject areas within the scope of the journal
Though previous editorial experience is desirable, we encourage early career scientists to apply even if they have not previously worked as an editor.
- Making initial assessments of the suitability of manuscripts
- Selecting appropriate peer reviewers
- Making recommendations to the Senior Editor on the basis of reviews received and your own professional opinion
- Assist editorial team to identify papers for further promotion via video, podcasting and the media
- Contributing to initiatives such as journal-specific and cross-journal Virtual Issues and Special Features
- Acting as an ambassador for the journal at conferences and engaging with the journal through blogs and social media, as appropriate